WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Friday, August 12, 2011

100,000 Words


I have been writing my thoughts for well over 25 years. Most of the years were sloppy handwritten entries into the EZ 164 Black 5x8 binder. There are tons of them. Last year was a year in pictures and this year I decided to "go digital". So tickling the computer keys have taken the place of Mrs. Garrison's classically trained hen scratch. An odd feature of the computer entries are that it counts the number of words. When I noticed this I wondered what would be the first word and last word. Along the way I started wondering about milestone words.....50,000th, 100,000th, etc.... I have decided that perhaps one of the most significant words will be the 100,000th word. It places me just about halfway into the year and that's what excited me. So, Last week in Grand Junction, Colorado sitting with a very good Cuvasion Chardonnay in a street cafe, the milestone was reached. I didn't even notice it as I wrote and it took some reverse counting to find it. But it was there. There in all it's glory and splendor. The word was also just as amazing and telling as the first half of the year. It rang true for the past as well as the future. It was a call to arms and a jem for reflection. I hope all of you take a few moments at times to write down the ebb and flow or your lives. We forget so much with the passing of time. It's nice to get a hint to help remember our journey.

99,999, LIFE, 100,001


Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment