WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Ramber in the Land of Billy The Kid.


560 miles today and I didn't even make it out of New Mexico. I guess you could say I was taking my time and doing a little bit of exploring. New Mexico is an amazing state. There are so many different landscapes. High desert, dry scrub, rocky high country, and thick green ponderosa pine. "Land of Enchanntment"? Maybe? Bob Duval said it best to John Wayne in Rooster Cogburn. "That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man".

There is a small road just outside of Quemado, New Mexico near the Arizona border that is truly magic. It starts off as NM 36 but will branch off to a forest road and go high in the mountains then drop again to gravel and pavement. Desolate roads call me for some reason and this one did not disapppoint me. 103 miles of twisting and turning among Elk and Deer along the way to Gallup.
Lots of stuff in this part of New Mexico.

Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment