WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What every guy should know



I was in a little bar in Lovell Wyoming on my way to back Yellowstone from a walkabout in the area and overhead a couple of conversations.  The three folks on my left were discussing the finer points of butchering an Elk and the couple on my right were talking about what should be done to the plumbing on the RV.  Then the second couple switched topics  to home dentistry.    I am ashamed to say that I am not up on any of these skills.   That is fairly disappointing since I was considering myself a man of the world.  Not any more.   Maybe it was the tequila that caused me to start wondering about what a man should really know before he becomes worm food?  Here is my bar napkin list from Sam’s in Wyoming.  In no particular order.  Let me know what should be added.

  1. Ironing
  2. How to fillet a fish
  3. Auto repair or being able to fake it.
  4. Grilling....anything
  5. How to use a chain saw...without loosing a limb or needing to cut anything
  6. The butterfly technique....Look it up
  7. Elk butchering for sure
  8. RV and household plumbing...wait but I rent?  doesn’t matter
  9. The tango...a la “Scent of a Woman”.
  10. How to ride a Harley
  11. How to tie a bow tie....no clip ons you dweebs.
  12. Carving a Turkey..
  13. A dude has to know how to swim... not the “JAWS” head out of the water way either.
  14. Ahh, that thing you do that is not the other thing...with your honey
  15. Craps...no not that kind...the Vegas kind.
  16. Gourmet cooking.  You only need one dish to swoon them...practice practice practice.
  17. Celestial navigation
  18. A little two step.
  19. Deck building.  Big boys build their own house.
  20. Playing an instrument.  Doesn’t really matter what but your old high school tuba may be out.
  21. Start a fire.....on purpose
  22. Opening a longneck without an opener
  23. Three ball juggling...because that one I can do.
  24. Shut up and listen
  25. Find life in every breath.


Optional 26.   Home dentistry....?

No comments:

Post a Comment