WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Coming Home

I'm sitting right now by a fire in Cathedral Gorge State Park in Southeastern Nevada.  The park is a gallery of God's sandstone art given to man for a few years.  The rain has made for some amazing blue skies and deep contrasts of color.  I have been off the grid for a few days trying to see Monument Valley in Arizona, Utah, Arizona, Utah..... on and on. It's all Navaho land so not so easy to see really.  I guess they have some reasons for what they do.    Sitting in a cafe in the only place to stay within a million miles, I was the only one speaking English.   The area is overrun with people from different countries coming to see our national treasures.  It actually made me proud.  I would have hated to have to explain how to eat a cheeseburger but there was a sense of pride to know what we have in our country things of beauty and spirit that people from other storied cultures would travel around the world to see.  Tomorrow deep dark Nevada and the Extraterrestrial highway.  Hope to send the trip a little more in the coming days before the Playa blackout.  

My photo of the day came to me as I was stopped on the awful rutted track in Monument Valley.  I noticed the tracks of vehicles before me, in the rare soft sand and thought about how we all travel somewhere and it's not the track that we take.....it's only that we travel and get to where we want to be.  

take the step....

Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment