WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Saturday, August 3, 2013

Halfway


I have always used a walk to clear my head and try to put the chores of living in perspective.  As a child it was the city lake across the street from my house in Mesquite.  In college it was a footpath out behind the stadium.   My years in Austin brought me to
the hike and bike trail and the Lost Creek golf course at night.  Singapore was the botanical gardens and Denver was the park by the Red Lobster on wadsworth.  Now it's the park in Canton.  I never even knew it existed until a friend told me about it.  It was a very important gift.  The great thing about is park is that is has a nature trail.  This pier is the halfway point of the loop.  For months I have gone this way and to date have only seen one person on it.  Every morning I stop there and do some stretching and thinking.  Today I realized that I have been taking this small piece of my life for granted.  The solitude and quiet of this little piece of my world is magic and I am lucky to have it.  So, today your homework is to come up with one place or thing that is magic for you and spend a few minutes pinching yourself about how lucky you are.  We all have them so no excuses.  Take nothing for granted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment