WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Saturday, September 20, 2014

The odds are good, but the goods are odd




I heard that this morning at the tiny grocery store as I was loading this elderly ladies cat food, dog food, bird seed, cattle oats, and potting soil into the back of her car.  No, I don't work at the grocery.  I was just trying to be neighborly since I am a Terlinguan for a few weeks.  Lynna was 81 and on Sunday no men work at the store so it's through the kindness of strangers that she get her loading done.  Lynna did invite me for a beer at  her house.  I politely asked her how long she had lived in Terlingua and she told me 34 years and counting.  Her ranch is only 29 miles up a dirt road just east of town.  Lynna lives there alone since her man died some years ago.  She told me being single in Terlingua as a woman was a good deal but......"the odds are good, but the goods are odd".  So ladies, there you have it.  Terlingua may become the new singles Mecca for 2014 for the ladies.  

This is my new ride for a few weeks as I settle in to some great open country and dark star filled nights.  I have driven out to Susi's a couple of times but have not found her open even though the sign  is telling me her hours.  You just have to wonder what happened to Susi?  More tails of Terlingua to follow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment