WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Nosiest View in Town




Doing time at the hotel in Hurlingham district in Nairobi can be trying.  A couple of walks to the Yaya department store for phone issues and one remembers with fondness the tranquility and peacefulness of OM in Terlingua.  Such is life elsewhere.  I found a beautiful rooftop bar at the top of the hotel and was thinking I could reflect on the coming months.  WRONG.  What I found was the nosiest place on the African continent.  The Kenyans appear to be jack hammering their way the middle of the Pacific Ocean and also putting some serious jack hammer to the hotel pool a few feet away.  So much for that idea.  I found out some interesting information about my new home.  No refrigerated foods are available to buy in the town.  Yep, no cheese, no butter, no power ranger super popsicles.   Might make for some interesting cooking options on the old one burner.  Any cooking suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   If anyone feels benevolent they can always send a 100 pounds of Manchago or maybe a few sticks of non melting butter.  Geez, I wish I had learned to eat the green leafy stuff as a kid.   Another day in limbo before the long ride to the cheeseless wasteland. May the Gouda gods remember me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment