WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Sunday, January 28, 2018

Two Days in Nairobi





Almost three weeks in my new home of Chogoria has been an eye opener on many levels.  I'm not sure what the World Health Organization says about the lack of Chardonnay on the health situation of area Muzingos. (white guys and girls) but I'm sure it is not a pretty report.  Wanting to maximize my impact on the continent I have decided to plan for the long haul and sustain myself as best I can.  That has meant a trip for R and R to Nairobi.   Yesterday I managed to make myself sick with a healthy dose of Chard, a pizza, a huge cheese burger, and yes...an entire package of Oreo cookies.  Now that I am over the slight over indulging I can progress to shopping.  I am packing most of the YA YA back with me.  If you are in Nairobi looking for Gouda Cheese then you might as well forget it.  It will be in my bag heading back to the bush tomorrow.  Some things are very nice here.  Like the scotch tasting booth at the grocery.  If you look at the photo, that was my taste....all scotch, and of course she topped me off as I took it with me.  If only America could catch up.  A decent South African chard and the phase of the day.... Back home tomorrow but I will be packing goodies..even flour tortillas.   Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment