WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hotel Samrat


I saw a sign a few days ago that commented on the wide range of hotel choices available in rural India. I would like now to officially call bullshit on that sign.  Most hotels in rural India are not really hotels at all.  They are usually places to stop and have thalie which is a mix of rice with two or three different "things" available to add.  Most of the time you can only make out a couple of them so there is no need to go on.  Some are good but most are a little questionable for my taste.  I do like eating with my fingers I have found out and will be trying it when I return.  Advance apologies to my future dinner guests.

One of these rather interesting hotels was the Hotel Samrat.  I could do a lot of things with that name but I think everyone gets the picture.  Yes I did actually eat at the Hotel Samrat one afternoon on the way to Puri and the coast.  No, I did not spend the night but the place did have some space available.  A shed near the herd of unfenced cows would have been a night to remember.   Happily ,I did get to discuss the finer points of chicken bones with the chef.   The food was tasty and no Delhi Belly for this traveler...

No comments:

Post a Comment