WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Adventure before Dementia

I’m sitting here alone in Cottonwood campground with the wind blowing through the cottonwood trees.  It’s a beautiful place and so amazing because of the grand trees.  Trees are a rare commodity in this part of the world.  The sounds they make in the wind is worth the drive out here.  I can hear the Rio Grande just on the other side of the scrub brush and The high mesa walls on the Mexican side dwarf everything in sight.  It’s been another couple of days exploring and I suppose at some point I will have gotten down most of the roads in the area.  Yesterday was 4 hours on the old ore road.  Damn!  That was about the roughest road I have ever been on and was able to get down.  Let’s just say my body feels like I have gone the distance with Mike Tyson.  I may even have lost a few fillings in the adventure.  So, today is a pavement day for the most part.  I was so tired I didn’t get up for the lunar event.  Yes, I’m a slacker.

I ran across an Aussie couple this morning from Brisbane.  Now Aussies have been hard on me this year but these two were great.  They own an RV that they leave in the US and spend 6 months a year on the road then go back home.  It seems like the road is calling me in just about every thing that I do.  Hum?  They have a great tire cover on the RV.  Makes you wonder doesn’t it?    Still, I keep running into real estate where ever I go.  I was hoping for vaulted ceilings but you really have to go with the local architecture.  Funny thing is that this structure and I have history together dating back more than 25 years ago.  A late night drive turned into a romantic interlude in the “house of dwarfs”, only to be interrupted by a very zealous park ranger intent on making an arrest.   Extreme begging managed to save the day but I can see the paragraph now on those online applications.....1. Have you ever been arrested?  If so, please explain. .  It can be a hard life in a hard land....  Don’t forget...Adventure before Dementia.  




No comments:

Post a Comment