WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cracks

My ass if firmly placed in 1299 out in front of  the Terlingua Medics just watching another beautiful sunset.  I was sitting here contemplating the twists and turns of life and thinking about things that have managed to fall through the cracks.  We all have them.  Some are small and random and others are more significant and consistent.  How important they are just depends on the individual.  I wonder what yours are?  What are mine you ask?  That is what I am sitting here listening to the wind and trying to get a grip on.  It's not that easy.  If you are reading this, "both of you", then you must be friends and if you see this on Facebook or something you most definitely are friends because Mark Zuckerberg told me you are.  It says it right up front.  So, here goes....

I wish I had continued playing the guitar when I was a kid.  Yes, I tried....Red River Valley and all that.  The truth is, I own a very good guitar as evidenced by it being one of two things I grabbed during the great mountain fire of 2014.  Of course I picked up the vacuum cleaner too...

Ballroom dancing seems to always come up in conversation when someone asks me what I do with some extra time.....No one can forget "Scent of a Woman" and Al Pacino..."When you get tangled up...just tango on.."  Words to live by I think.

If I could have a nickel for all the Spanish tapes, books, dictionaries I have owned in my life I would be able to do a little more high dollar living for sure.  Somehow that language thing just seemed to fall through the cracks somewhere.  Now, I'm doing it again.  Books should be here Monday.  So yep, I would love to be able to Habla!

So what is it about doing things that you want to do that is so hard?  We all say that we let life get in our way but when you think about it it really is just an excuse.  Certainly, that's
what I have found.   So I'm going to fill in the cracks and stop letting things fall through.  I wonder if doing that will make my path more smooth and even.

Remember What Mark Twain said,

When you are in the rocking chair at the end of it all you are surely going to regret the things that you didn't do much more than the things that you did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment