WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Perils of House sitting, Terlingua Style




Sure you have heard the stories....huge wine cellars at your finger tips, the pool and spa filled with beautiful girls and big music, maybe a exotic car tucked away in the garage with the keys on the rack.  I know, that sounds like heaven, right?  Well, believe me, it's harder than it looks.  Sure there are a few perks to the job almost anywhere you go....Terlingua is no different.  But what most don't see is the danger and constant fear of the situation.  House sitting in Terlingua only magnifies those fears.  I am managing to cope with my fear as best I can.  I'm high above the Terlingua ghost town isolated on a hill.  Yes, I know it has the most perfect view on the planet, and of course there is complete silence but that may seem great until you have to try to sleep with the 360 degree panorama of stars to put up with.   So far I have managed but it hasn't been a cake walk.  It's Christmas eve and I know things could go wrong.  What if I over cook the steak?  It's miles to a store and most likely it will be closed.  Or maybe I get a little wild listening to Bing Crosby tonight and I knock over my wine.    No drive through window for boozing Santa's here.  Just lonely stretches of desert to quench that thirst.  Who knows, it may even snow you in like yesterday.  No I tell you, house sitting in Terlingua takes a different breed.  It's not for the faint of heart.   So, wish me luck and I will try to direct the sleigh to your houses and loved ones tonight.  Because in Terlingua you can see him go over for sure.  Merry Christmas to all and safe passage.  

viva terlingua

No comments:

Post a Comment