WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Different Pace of Life



It was a perfect morning in Patzcuaro today,.  Coffee in the small working class plaza about a mile for the homestead.  The hustle and bustle of the plaza and the surrounding builds made me take notice of what that pace looked like.  It was loud and colorful but not rushed.  Things seemed like they were happening on the their own time.  No one looked like they were late for anything.  Parents with children going about life as it comes to them.   I was thinking about the life I lead which at this point would hardly seem frantic.  The thing I realized was that I created some level of chaos only because I was used to chaos.  It's hard to leave the things you know, right.  When frantic wasn't there, my tiny brain was working to create it.  Now, having some time I have realized that if you push that chaos factory out of the way for a while, there are other things that want to come in and fill the space.  No doubt it will take some time to embrace those things....after all we don't like change.  But I will be working on it.

I have been here a couple of times in the past.  As I was sipping some coffee this morning it occurred to me that other than cell phone stores, nothing had changed here.  The pace, the interaction,  the priorities, nothing.  So, looking at the one peso pony it makes me wonder how often we don't put our two cents in and take the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment