WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Friday, August 19, 2016

Taxco in the rear view


Well, it's been a wild and enjoyable ride.  I will be heading back to the land of lunacy very soon and I have to say that I'm ready for some Sushi, Chinese food (yes the irony is not lost), and a good juicy cheeseburger.   Those of course will happen in due time.  There is pretty much nothing in Mexico I do not like.  I love the places, the people, the food , the culture and most of all the life itself.  The one thing I do not like is the accepted amount of crime.  Yes the US has it too but I am happy it's not an accepted part of out culture.  This is a picture of "ladrones" or thieves stealing a ton of building material from the roof across the street from my balcony.  There is no telling how many people watched this and nothing happened.  It took these two guys an hour to carry this stuff to a waiting truck in plain view.  I yelled at them a couple of times but they didn't even look up or stop.  So, I hope we never get there with out complacency.   We certainly have out problems and they might be much greater but please let's not forget what our actions do to other people.



Good bye Taxco and my super Mask guy.  I came here 25 years ago in search of traditional dance masks from the highlands and I walked into his little junk shop  after 25 years and he remembered me.   I remembered him too.  After one encounter 25 years ago.  Amigos for life I'm sure.   Vive Mexico.....

No comments:

Post a Comment