WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bound for Burning Man, Hello Black Rock City

Well, its time.  Heading off in an hour or so Caravansary 2014 at Burning Man.  I'm excited but kind of strange feeling about the long 2000 mile drive.  There is always that apprehension that comes with pulling the Rat a long distance.  I feel like I have duct taped and wired all this very  heavy stuff on a balsa wood dog sleigh.  You always wonder when you do this stuff by yourself if you hooked, closed, latched or saw all the stuff that could get you in trouble.  I guess you only know when you get to the open road.  This is why I would never every put one of those kit airplanes or helicopters together.  I would just never be sure.

The route this year will take me through the Gila National Forest and Silver City then a detour up to Jerome Arizona.  Its an old mining town that has turned into a hippie artist colony.  I will be looking for hitchers of course.  Then this year will take me up CA 385 on the Eastern side of the Sierras and through Bishop.  I will make the pilgrimage to Mountain Light Gallery again.  Mountain Light is Galen Rowel's gallery.  The best and almost the first adventure photographer ever.  He died in a small plane crash a few years ago but his work lives on.  Then Carson City and Reno followed by Fernley and meeting my camp bro's in the Walmart Parking lot.  Yes, I'm excited about the Walmart parking lot.  I'm even more excited about the 100 miles from there to Black Rock City.  If you have never gone to Burning Man, come next year.  You will have the time of your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment