WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Commando in Mexico

Right when you think you have identified the things to worry about in Mexico you get "holed below the water line" by something domestic.   Cartels in your neighborhood....sure no problem.  Explosions in the distance...I can live with that.  My bank card getting cut off...not going to ruin my trip.   BUT...the laundry lady losing my underwear?  That could spell disaster beyond my most uncomfortable imagination.  Not one pair, not my spares....all of them.  I decided it was a good day to clean the hamper.  Commando for a morning.  Sure... even feels a little sporty.  Not my first time mind you.  I went sans" ropa interior" for a while when I heard Bjorn Borg did it.  Now however I am bit more reluctant.  When I picked up my laundry from Lavanderia Anyelin I had no reason to believe that it would be missing a garment or two.  After all, Señora Anyelin and I have a close working relationship.  So my return to her shop was something South of awkward.  Especially when I had no idea how to say underwear in Spanish.  Thanks to modern technology my translation app didn't let me down.  Her response was less than fulfilling to say the least.  You don't want to hear her mumble "no se" when you have already walked a mile or so from the plaza in old jeans.  She assured me or at least I think she was, that she would find them and I could pick them up in the morning.  I took this photo this evening after the bad news.  Señora Anyelin is the one in the red sweater.  I'm hoping she is asking the group about my ropa interior.  So for now...it's Commando.  I'm hoping I don't have to get into the tiny backseat of a taxi. If you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment