WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Sunday, July 31, 2016

Tortilla Security


Latin Americans take security very seriously.  Lot's of bars, broken glass shared fence tops, and a few spikes thrown in.  In my favela experience over the last few weeks I have found that every single rooftop in Guanajuato has a barking dog.  In San Miguel there are fewer dogs but more outside cameras and locks.   A safer place?  Maybe.  At least my small B and B is safer with the addition of a new twist.  A security pig named Tortilla.  Tortilla is the most sociable local I have found on this trip. Always wanting to come in and hang around.  He seems to have a fondness for my traveling sandals. That could be an indication of a lot of things.   Now not knowing much about pigs other than what a guy learns from a good BLT.  I have to say that a couple of times he scared the shit out of me.  You see Tortilla does not like to be rushed and certainly do not push him from behind.   Lucky for me he doesn't like large rustling plastic bags.  Right now he is standing guard outside my door.  Occasionally giving it a nudge just to see if it's closed.  I can sleep well tonight.  Tortilla is on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment