WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Tuesday, February 14, 2017

One Photo #45, The Greasewood



North of the metropolis of Terlingua on highway 118 just at the edge of civilization there lies a very upbeat and unusual place.  The mysterious Greasewood Grocery.  Looking at the picture you might wonder what wares could be sold in such a place.  Nail?  Maybe.  Ammunition?  Certainly possible.  Luke warm beer?  More than likely.  The truth of the matter is ....I have no idea.  I have been told the Greasewood is sort of a co-op kind of place.  Staffed occasionally with some locals who sell whatever is inside.  I'm just not sure.  Most of the time I am in such a hurry, either in or out of town that I don't feel comfortable stopping.  But that is really a ruse.  You see, I just don't want to be disappointed.  What if it's nothing as exotic as my imagination?   What then?  I would never look at the Greasewood the same way.  So for now, I'm going to let my imagination control my actions and look curiously and drive on.   A toast on Valentine's Day to the Greasewood and all that "might be".  

No comments:

Post a Comment