WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Wednesday, February 1, 2017

One Photo # 32, Functional Hoarders



How many of you feel like you really have no idea who you are?  A show of hands will be fine.  Great.  All of you.  I thought so.  For some reason I feel like I learn something about myself more and more as I get a little older.  Over the last few years I have been pondering the dilemma of "stuff".  Over sizing, downsizing, super sizing, and resizing.  It seems like some twisted cycle that has it's own inertia.   You get rid of shit, only to realize you now have to buy it back at double the cost.  Or you give it away and then need it back and your best buddy say, "well noooo".   I have come to the conclusion from these miserable cycles that it must be a mutant gene in us that remembers not how important that "thing" is to us, but how much we paid for it.  Utility or importance have nothing to do with it.  It's that price tag that stubs your toe on the table.  I was looking at a few things today as I was  moving a few items and realized that the 6 inch yurt tape was most likely never going to be used in my future.  Yet, I have not been able to part with it.  Or the 6 claw hammers that have nested in my tool box.  Why?  I have no idea.  But they are in great shape after all.  Maybe I will give them away as stocking stuffers some day.  But not now...

It's about what we paid for it and not how important it is to us now.  I'm certain of that.  Suddenly I wonder if that law would apply to other things in our lives......OHHHHH  yes...that too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment