WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hanoi Happy


I’m still in love with Hanoi.  It was a crazy good day.  I did the “be nice to me day”.  Got a shave and a massage along with some great food.  No, the massage was not one of those.  It was amazing really but extremely comical too.  This young lady reminded me of the little Chinese guy in the movie, “Oceans Eleven”.  You know the guy that folds himself into a box.  She was one enormous 90 pound muscle packed into some pink silk pajamas.  I admit I had to “tap out” a couple of times in the process but what was funny was just the normal things you take for granted when you share a language.  Things like sit here?  Sit up?  roll over?  What the hell is in that little box?  These stones are cooking my back?  you know stuff like that.  It was an experience that I won’t forget.  The diving drop kick knee in the back pressure point back karate chop is forever etched in my mind.  I can say that I was a little nervous at first but it turned out to be very nice.  I’m not sure if you are supposed to be limping when you leave a massage in Vietnam but I am going to assume it was a good thing.  

The shave was a little harder to find.  Well, there are guys out on the street that cut hair and do shaves but I was a little concerned about the quality and sterility of their razors.  I found a little woman who performed my shave with a cell phone stuck into her ear the entire time.   There was a little hint of fear as she got the straight razor on my neck.  Considering what was done to these wonderful people by a misguided ideology....one couldn’t really blame her for settling an old score.  Luckily, she was much more forgiving that most people. 


Tomorrow it’s back on the street and a few sights.  Then it’s off to Ha Long Bay and my romantic private houseboat trip  Solo.  What was I thinking?  

No comments:

Post a Comment