WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Friday, July 4, 2014

Yachting with the Vietcong




Sitting on this private Vietnamese houseboat solo would be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever done if it weren’t for the crew.  Those of you who know me will immediately realize the gravity of the “one of the most ridiculous things I have ever done” statement.  I have knocked down a few crazy things.  That said, the sailing of the HMS Bro Fest is right up there.  I’m alone on this luxury houseboat with Captain Knong, Pham Hoa,and Jerry?  Yep.  Jerry.  We have spent most of the day bonding and doing Vietnamese man things, like sleeping, drinking and pulling up our shirts to cool our bellies. .  All in all not a bad time but now we are past the formalities of crew and passenger and are now yachting around Ha Long Bay meeting up with their old friends and family.    Again not a bad thing at all.  This has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.   Captain Khong has taken it upon himself to solve my perceived loneliness problem by stopping occasionally at the floating vendors and inquiring if anyone is free.  I have tried to explain to him that I am just fine and realize the whole scene seems a little bizarre but it’s all good.  Judging from the tats on  the Captains back, he may have a few VC in the family.  Best to hope he runs out of vendors I think.  


If you ever get a chance to come to Ha Long Bay I would recommend the friendlies at Eco Friendly Vietnam.  They have done what they said they would do and make a great lunch and dinner.  A safe harbor tonight and some man talk I’m sure.  I just won’t be able to understand a word of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment