WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Monday, July 14, 2014

Table for One

I have had a few meals at the Little Black Duck on Hang Gach street while in the old part of Hanoi.  The food was good and Hoang, the owner, speaks wonderful english.  Last night I was craving a bit of Europe and splurged for a bottle of Chardonnay and some pasta.  Sitting in my usual crowed outside table.  (there is only one) and sweating the evening away was my plan.  Little did I know that there was a roof top terrace that was normally not open to the public.  I got the invite and low and behold..."a table for one".  The roof was amazing.  It gives such a spectacular  perspective of Hanoi.  You spend all day with millions of people jammed into the narrow streets going about their day not realizing that LIFE is above the streets not on them.  Sitting there with
 Chile' finest dry Chardonnay and just being a voyeur .  Watching people doing their laundry, watching TV, learning to ride a bike on the roof.  It was fantastic.  There was even a slight breeze.   I even see the corner apartment on the busy intersection that has bounced in and out of my dreams for years.  A little different but the same.  big fan..white sheets, and a balcony just above the bustle of the street...  The Little Black Duck.  5th Floor, Table for one.  I would recommend making it a table for two.  That would be hard to beat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment