WELCOME VIP's

Come follow the action. Add yourself as a follower and get your invitation details.





Sunday, July 13, 2014

Ms. Linh and the Secret Sauce



Meet Linh, the owner of my most frequented food establishment in Hanoi.  Ms. Linh takes her work and product very seriously which may be hard to imagine from that bright and beautiful face.  Her stand is a street over from my hotel and for some reason every time I walk by she reaches into my pocket and takes some of my money.  I really don’t mind and it’s not much money.  25 cents a stick for the chicken satay with the secret super hot chili sauce of course.  Every once in awhile I will try to sit and eat my sticks on the tiny plastic chairs that are so small they stick to my butt when I get up.  Hum, they seem small anyway.  Linh goes to school and comes out after 2 with her grill and cooler.  At 13 she is already a saleswoman of impressive prowess.   It’s funny to see adults try to haggle with her about her prices and the fact that she has no plates.  I mean this is a mobile operation and needs to stay low overhead.  I’m sure there is another trip to Ms. Linh before I head out of Hanoi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment